Home Siding Protects and Looks Great
Siding adds instant curb appeal to your home, saves on energy bills, and protects the sensitive inner framing. Quality siding is highly durable and can withstand all of the weather challenges Southwest Virginia throws at homes. Siding is low maintenance so it stays looking great with minimal effort.
Home Improvement Siding Experts
Crockett Home Improvement has been helping Southwest Virginians renovate their home with siding for over 30 years. We can fit your home with vinyl, wood, and hardie board siding. We also can replace and repair soffit, gutters, and gutter guards.
When do You Need Siding Replacement or Repair?
- When you notice the siding is blistering or bubbling
- Noticeable chips, dents, or cracks
- Dry rot fungus
- Loose siding
- Energy bills out of control
- Extremely brittle or faded siding
Benefits of New Home Siding
- Curb Appeal – As siding ages, it fades to a less vibrant color and starts to retain a dirty appearance that is very difficult to keep clean. It’s not a sign of neglect, but something that naturally happens over time with weather stress. New siding comes in a variety of colors, profiles, and textures allowing you to create an entirely new look for your home.
- Repair Hidden Damage – Aging siding often allows rainwater to leak around the windows of your home, potentially causing structural damage. Sometimes the signs are easy to spot, but often times the damage isn’t so obvious. Structural damage can range from delaminating plywood, deteriorated studs or floor framing. When we replace your siding we can repair any structural damage from the outside without disturbing your home’s interior. Taking care of damage before it gets out of hand helps you avoid costly repairs later.
- Increased Energy Efficiency – When you’re upgrading your siding you can also take advantage and upgrade your home’s insulation. Often times we see homes that were built when insulation was expensive and fuel was cheap lacking any wall insulation at all. If your home already has insulation, it’s an excellent time to add rigid foam insulation to substantially increase your home’s insulation efficiency. House wrap to help with moisture and wind is another common upgrade that is ideal to do when you’re replacing your siding.
Types of Siding
- Vinyl Siding – The overall costs of vinyl are the most affordable compared to other siding options. Vinyl siding is incredibly versatile coming in hundreds of colors and textures. Vinyl siding is considered extremely durable and practically maintenance free. Insulated vinyl siding prevents heat loss between wall studs in exterior walls making ideal for energy savings.
Click here to see examples and learn more about Vinyl Siding.
- Hardie Board Siding – Coming with a 50-year warranty, hardie board siding has one of the longest life spans among all sidings. The appearance can be made to mimic wood lap boards, cedar shingles, and wood shake siding. It’s fire resistant and the most storm resistant siding on the market.
Click here to find out more about Hardie Board Siding.
- Wood Siding – Wood siding is a timeless beauty. It comes in a wide range of woods, styles, and colors. Cedar and redwood are resistant to decay. Wood is a natural insulator that keeps the warm in and the cold out. It’s also a biodegradable and renewable resource.
Click here to see the examples of Wood Siding
- Soffit, Fascia, Gutter & Gutter Guards – Fascia board is the board mounted at the point where the roof meets the outer walls of your house, and is often called the Roofline. The soffit board is tucked away under the fascia board. It’s the board that you see most of when standing at street level. Fascia and soffit help protect the exterior of your house by keeping out pests like bats, birds and squirrels, and helps disguise ventilation that provides proper airflow and prevents mold. Gutters and Gutter guards protect your home from water damage by directing water flow away from your home’s foundation.
To learn more about the products we use visit our suppliers' websites: